When you stop doing so many things that annoy and do not bring you joy,
your spirit will be lighter, your calendar will be clearer, and your time and
energy will be spent on only the things and people you enjoy.
This is important to remember in both life and business. You see, consciously and unconsciously tolerating things is ABSOLUTELY holding you and your business back. Many people don’t even realize that there are many things that they have been tolerating which don’t serve them anymore. You will add leverage and power to your business and personal life if you embrace the power of no. What is holding you back?
DEFINITION: Tolerate (verb)
1. To allow the existence, presence, practice, or act of without prohibition or hindrance; permit.
2. To endure without repugnance; put up with: I can tolerate laziness, but not incompetence.
3. Medicine/Medical – To endure or resist the action of (a drug, poison, etc.).
4. Obsolete – To experience, undergo, or sustain, as pain or hardship.
Are you tolerating any of the following? Which of the following would you love to stop wasting time and energy on?
– Bad, or less than ideal, health
– Employees that don’t align with your vision, values, or catalyzing statement
– Visual noise and chaos in your home or work environments
– Bad money management habits
– Poor communication in your marriage
– Poor or messy communication with your children
– Poor relationships with employees, vendors, or patients
– Bad eating habits – Bad workout habits
– Low profit margins
– Bad, or nonexistent time management skills
– Expenses that are outside of your values
– Procrastination, in all its varied forms
Let me ask you: Why are you tolerating it and when are you going to stop?
Make a plan to eliminate the things in your life and business that are holding you back. This can be the start of your quarterly goals list.
Rick Sapio, Co-Founder
Business Finishing School, LLC